The launch of Folks Can Fly’s loot-shooter Outriders was reasonably like the sport itself: Not a whole goat rodeo by any means, however not as clean because it might (and may) have been, both. Now that it has been out for a weekcouple days, writer Sq. Enix has unveiled plans for the sport’s close to future, together with the primary large patch, a repair for the stock wipe bug, and a “neighborhood appreciation package deal” to thank gamers for his or her endurance throughout server outages.
All gamers who logged in between March 31 and April 11 will likely be given the thank-you bundle, which can embrace a level-appropriate Legendary weapon, some Titanium, and the “Frustration” emote, which isn’t really obtainable by different means proper now. (“The irony right here was not intentional however is becoming,” Sq. Enix stated.) Particulars, together with when and precisely how the package deal will likely be distributed, are nonetheless being nailed down.
The larger deal is a repair for the bug that, as we famous earlier this week, has been wiping out participant inventories. It does not sound just like the matter is 100% resolved, as Sq. Enix stated the incidence of the bug “must be tremendously diminished” by the upcoming patch, however the excellent news is that after the repair is in place, there may also be a “mass restoration” occasion that ought to deliver again most of what was misplaced.
“Word that restoration won’t be doable for objects that have been acquired however the place the sport connection was terminated earlier than an autosave might full as these objects would by no means have made it into your server stock/our logs. Such suspended autosaving is noticeable when the yellow autosave icon stays lively for an extended time period,” Sq. Enix cautioned. “For any particular person restorations that have been missed, or that happen in future, we plan to equip our groups to assist on an advert hoc foundation.”
Builders are additionally engaged on multiplayer connection and stability points, and are making some steadiness modifications that can dial again loot drops and nerf the Trickster and Technomancer courses, which presently profit a bit an excessive amount of from their bullet skills. Sq. Enix stated one of the best builds ought to have an “overpowered really feel,” however desires to make sure “construct range within the prime performing builds.”
“It is unsure as as to if these modifications will show too sturdy or too weak, so please do think about this to be solely step one, as we’ll proceed monitoring and adjusting them sooner or later,” it stated. “Similar to you, we hope to see extra inspiring and loopy combos of skills and mods!”
And, fortunately, a repair for a bug that was stopping GPUs from being totally utilized, ensuing within the DX11/12 efficiency points we reported final week, can be within the works.
The patch is scheduled to reach subsequent week, as Folks Can Fly is utilizing the primary week of launch to seek out and repair probably the most severe and urgent bugs. A launch date hasn’t been set, however Sq. Enix stated it hopes to have it out sooner reasonably than later. The patch notes as they stand up to now are under, and when you watch for it to reach you possibly can learn to make Outriders a smoother trip with these small tweaks:
PC & Console Platforms:
- As soon as platforms have been up to date to the identical patch model, cross-play throughout platforms will turn out to be viable once more
- General stability enhancements for the matchmaking service
- Crash Fixes
- Will repair a multiplayer crash that would lead to consumer gamers having their stock wiped
- Will repair the crash when finishing the “A Dangerous Day” aspect quest.
- Will repair the crash that happens in No Man’s Land when your language is about to Spanish (Sure, we all know. Online game code is a magical factor).
- Will repair crash on launch points
- Will embrace many extra “random” crash fixes
- We’re assured that these fixes will deal with nearly all of crashes reported, as there are solely a handful of root causes however the crashes they generate seem in plenty of locations.
- Will repair the HUD disappearing in sure instances
- Will repair bugs that intervene with gamers re-spawning in multiplayer Expeditions
- Will repair bugs with gamers getting caught on geometry (together with when utilizing Gravity Leap) or falling out of the world.
- Will change the default matchmaking setting from “Open” to “Closed”.
- You’ll nonetheless be capable of manually change this setting to “Open” by your recreation settings
- This alteration will forestall gamers from becoming a member of video games the place the host did not intend to play in multiplayer. It would additionally reduce down on AFK lobbies
- This may also assist enhance matchmaking instances, because the queues will likely be much less more likely to be overwhelmed by the sheer quantity of fixed matchmaking requests generated by “open” video games.
- Many different minor fixes and enhancements
- Will repair a efficiency problem the place GPU will not be being totally utilized. This could assist with stuttering and DX11/12 points